Faculty who complete either the QM Essentials pathway or the QM Course Certification pathway are encouraged to become peer reviewers. Faculty complete the QM Peer Reviewer Course and join the pool of Peer Reviewers at NC State. To serve as a peer reviewer faculty need to have taught at least a 3 credit hour online within the last 18 months. Peer Reviewers will perform at least one internal review per semester for courses on the QM Essentials Pathway. Reviewers will serve on a team of at least 3 reviewers and will be awarded $150 for each internal review completed.
Certified Peer Reviewers may also perform QM Official Course reviews for QM Certification of courses within the UNC System and outside of NC State.
The goal of this program is to serve faculty who:
- want to contribute to the improvement of providing quality online education at NC State
- have a desire to collaborate with peers to positively impact the student experience
- are interested in serving as a course reviewer for NC State online and blended courses
- gain new perspectives on course design from other faculty who teach online at NC State
Wolfpack Peer Reviewer Pathway Requirements
- Complete either the QM Essentials Pathway or QM Certification Pathway
- Complete the Quality Matters Peer Reviewer Course
- Submit application for Peer Reviewer Certification
- Serve on 2 Internal Peer Review teams (1 per semester) during the academic year following Peer Reviewer certification
- (optional) Serve on additional internal reviews
- (optional) serve on QM managed review teams
For more information about the Wolfpack Peer Reviewer Pathway, please contact the QM Coordinator (Bethanne Tobey, email@example.com)